Day 2: Review a product, service, or a brand
I have decided to review a product that is a favorite to many people and is very popular, I had so many people recommending this product to me so I finally gave in and bought myself a sample size of the They’re Real mascara by Benefit. My reaction is a combination of feelings. I can understand why people would enjoy this product, however it is not my favorite mascara ever. So for this review I thought a pros and cons list would be the best way to express how I feel about the product.
- Amazing lengthening power, my lashes are always super long when I use this mascara
- Very black, some black mascaras take a few coats to appear as dark as I would like but wit They’re Real one coat and my lashes are black as night
- washes off easily, I have had a few mascaras that are impossible to wash off at the end of the night even though they aren’t water proof and it is the most annoying thing waking up with my eyelashes stuck together in the morning because I couldn’t get all my mascara off!
- Doesn’t clump, this mascara goes on so smoothly and it is so wet at application that it is almost impossible to get that clumpy lash look some people like, so if you are one of those people, this is not the mascara for you!
- The brush is so sharp!!!!, sometimes it actually hurts to apply mascara because the bristles on the brush are so incredibly sharp
- Leaves marks on my eyelids? I’m not sure if it’s just because I didn’t get water proof or whatever, but after a few hours I end up with a few black lines on my eyelid where my lashes touch my skin, it’s amazing that my lashes get to be that long! but not so amazing walking around with black marks on my eyes….
- Not so volumizing, all though this is mascara is crazy good at lengthening, I find myself applying another mascara over top to add some thickness to my lashes, I usually use Maybelline The Colossal Volume over top because I know it will add volume.
Tomorrow is Day 3 of the my blogger challenge: Quote of the Day
I have a relatively large collection of lipsticks, lip glosses, and lip balms. Most of my collection is bought from Target or Rite Aid because I have a very strict cosmetics budget and you can find quality for a good price in a drugstore.
So I’m going to start with lip balms: my ultimate fav lip balm is the Maybelline Baby Lips, I have two colors/flavors. the original clear balm in the blue tube was my first love and I used it to the end and then replaced it with the Cherry Me flavor which is a red color in the orange tube, which you can purchase here . The cherry Me is my favorite because it gives a very natural red color that isn’t sticky and wont get all over my teeth and face. That is my biggest issue with lipstick, it gets on everything if you aren’t careful. My other fav lip balms are the EOS eggs! I have the lemon drop, sweet mint, and summer fruit flavors and I love them all. I have had the lemon drop flavor for a year now and it’s still not gone even though I use it religiously which is amazing to me! I love a lip balm that will last me a while.
I have so many different lipsticks it was hard for me to pick 3 of my favorites! But I finally narrowed it down. First off I have Kate by Rimmel London, I have two shades; 01,a deep red color and 08 a dark nude color. I love these because they go on thick and give a fabulous color that is great for a special occasion. The 01 red was my very first red lipstick so I have a special place in my heart for this one ;). Next I have Maybelline Colorsensational in Coral Crush, I love this color so much I decided to go get a Clinique Chubby Stick in the same color so I could have a longer lasting color. For the price I still recommend this brand though. It goes on smooth and light making it easy to get the color you want by layering. And lastly my ultimate favorite drug store lipsticks, Revlon Colorburst.
I only have two colors from this band but if I could afford more lipstick I would continue to buy this brand. It feels like a chap stick on your lips but the color is so rich and beautiful. I have Strawberry Shortcake, a pale pink that makes any face look innocent and fresh, and Raspberry Pie which is a deep magenta that can make anyone look bad a$$.
I hope this review was helpful in your next lip stick shopping spree!!